Bio 230: Introductory Biology for Majors, Part 1
- Who: Science undergraduates
- When: Fall 2015. 5 Units
Bio 310: Biology for Today’s World
This upper division biology course is intended for non-biology students interested in deepening their knowledge of scientific inquiry and biological systems. Course pedagogy engages students as a community of scientists in the classroom, where science concepts, investigative skills, leadership skills, and language processes integral to science learning are emphasized as students design experiments to answer questions, support their findings with evidence, and question one another’s results.
- Who: All non-biology students.
- When: Spring 2015. 3 units.
- Download the Spring 2013 Syllabus
Bio/Sci/Geol/Metr/Ocn 652: Science Partners in K-12 Education
SFSU Student interest Forms will be available in Spring 2015.
This upper division science course is intended for undergraduate and graduate science students interested in revisiting and applying their science knowledge, understanding common misconceptions in biology, gaining experience in teaching science in the K-12 setting, exploring the field of science teaching as a potential career, and learning science through teaching science. SFSU students will engage in service-learning fieldwork through partnerships with SFUSD and Northern San Mateo County school teachers and their students.
- Who: All science undergraduate and graduate students. Those interested in teaching Biology please register for Bio 652, those interested in teaching Physical Science please register for Sci 652.
- When: Fall 2015, 4 units.
- Download the Fall 2014 Syllabus